Disclaimer

There are curse words... like a lot of them. So if you're not interested in reading my word vomit. Look away!

Monday, October 24, 2016

Ghosted

Urban dictionary defines ghosting as:

The act of suddenly ceasing all communication with someone the subject is dating, but no longer wishes to date. This is done in hopes that the ghostee will just "get the hint" and leave the subject alone, as opposed to the subject simply telling them he/she is no longer interested. Ghosting is not specific to a certain gender and is closely related to the subject's maturity and communication skills. Many attempt to justify ghosting as a way to cease dating the ghostee without hurting their feelings, but it in fact proves the subject is thinking more of themselves, as ghosting often creates more confusion for the ghostee than if the subject kindly stated how he/she feels.

Literally the most accurate definition urban dictionary has. 
Being ghosted suuuuuuuucks. Which is what happened to me. Until I demanded answers.

Sure, I can take a hint. I like invented hints (Hope you read that in a Gretchen Weiner’s voice). But to just stop talking to someone just as the relationship begins to progress is literally the shadiest thing anyone can do. Man the fuck up! So I didn’t instantly blog about the ghosting situation because it kinda hurt my feelings. And then I felt stupid for feeling that way after only dating this guy for a little over a month. But in the end it was 100% not my fault. Throughout the whole month+ I was beyond open with my feelings. I tend to be difficult to warm up and it takes me awhile to start to feel comfortable with someone. But I had gotten to the point with this guy that I was willing to speak up for myself and actually tell him that I liked him. I was in no way, shape or form shy about speaking about my feelings. If nothing else comes from September 2016, I learned that I have grown up sooooooo much. That I don’t take shit. That I can have feelings and express them. AND that I have the ability (and desire) to let someone get close to me. Even if it means that my feelings get hurt.

The last 4 blog posts have truly been me bitching about how much dating sucks (Which isn’t a lie). But in the end, it’s no way to live being afraid to get your heart broken. And as the ever-wise Justin Long says in the cinematic masterpiece “He’s Just Not That Into You”


No comments: